“In every heart there is an inner room, where we can hold our greatest treasures and our deepest pain.” -Marianne Williamson
Often when a sudden death occurs we don’t know where to turn for emotional support. Through the generosity of our Community Bereavement Program we are able to offer grief and loss support to our community members. We provide an initial assessment session to establish how we can best support your bereavement needs. We may suggest a limited number of bereavement counseling sessions and /or a referral to one of our specialized small bereavement groups. If you are having complicated grief and loss issues that would require a more therapeutic environment we will refer you to clinicians in our community.
Types of Groups
- 8 Week Education and Bereavement Group
- Understanding Unexpected and Sudden Death /8 week group
- General grief and loss /8 week group
- Bereavement Group for Professionals
- Good Mourning Group
- Ongoing Grief and Loss Support Groups
- One & Three Day Wings of Hope Family Bereavement Camps
- Grief and Loss for Children in School Settings, 6 week group
“I was so lost, felt guilty and ashamed that my loved one died by suicide. Thank you for helping me navigate through my feelings. I now have a better understanding of how this has changed my life, even though I would rather not have had this change.” — Sara P.