With three locations to serve Lake County, Hospice Services of Lake County’s Thrift Stores offer a top-quality shopping experience and provides shoppers with a wide range of merchandise. This includes gently used clothing, appliances, housewares, furniture, collectibles, and more. We have been serving Lake County since 1981.
The proceeds from the Thrift Stores are used to provide resources to the Community Bereavement Programs and to Terminally Ill Patients and Their Families. Thank You Very Much For Your Help!
Shopping Days are Monday – Saturday
Clearlake Thrift Store
14290 Lakeshore Drive, Clearlake
Lakeport Thrift Store
1717 S. Main Street, Lakeport
Middletown Thrift Store
21297 Calistoga Road, Middletown
Thank you so much for your generous donations! We are in immediate need of all donations, especially furniture!
Hospice Services of Lake County relies on the generous contributions of donors to provide its Thrift Stores with merchandise. The more items that you can donate will ensure that we can continue help terminal patients and their families in Lake County. To provide a high level shopping experience, donated merchandise needs to be resalable and in good, working condition. Below is a guide to help determine if your donation is the right fit for Hospice Services of Lake County’s Thrift Stores.
Hospice Services of Lake County is a 501(c)3 non-profit organization, so all donations are tax deductible to the extent allowed by law. Donation receipts are available.
Donations are accepted at each location Monday through Saturday from 10:00 a.m. to 3:00 p.m. We also have a pick-up service available for large donations – call (707) 263-6270 Ext. 119 to schedule a pick-up!
We are operating A Mobile Donation Center to better serve our community and help support hospice services. We will be at the following locations from 9AM-12:30PM.
Dates and Locations:
March 28th — Hidden Valley on Hartman Road ; next to the Fire Station and the Mailboxes
April 11th — Cobb@ St. Joseph Catholic Church; 21396 Hwy 175
April 25th — Clearlake Riviera Community Association, 9689 State Highway 281, Kelseyville, California
- Gently used, clean clothing
- Jewelry and accessories (such as purses, belts, ties, scarves, hats, and gloves)
- Shoes and boots
- Vintage clothing and accessories
- Children’s clothing, toys, and books
- Furniture (free of rips and stains)(no hide-a-beds)
- Antiques and collectibles
- Stationery and books
- Current magazines (less than one year old with the exception of magazines older than 30 years)
- Household decorative items such as art, mirrors, lamps, and rugs
- Filing cabinets
- Musical instruments and sheet music
- Seasonal decorations
- Bicycles, tricycles, and scooters
- CDs, records, cassette tapes, videos, and DVDs
- Stereo equipment, DVD and VHS players
- Modern televisions (flat screen only, no projection televisions)
- Linens, curtains, electric blankets, and decorative pillows
- Curtain rods (no traversing rods)
- Fabric and crafts
- Strollers, high chairs, playpens, Pak-n-Plays, bassinettes, boostser seats
- Bed frames
- Exercise equipment
- Sporting equipment
- Portable fans and heaters
- Appliances – both small and large (in good, working condition, under 10 years old)
- Cameras and equipment
- Garden equipment
- Camping equipment
- Anything else in good condition that can be sold at the Thrift Stores!
Not Currently Accepting:
- Car seats and cribs
- Older televisions and console stereos
- Metal desks or desks longer than 5 feet
- Items with failing particle board
- Mattresses, box springs, and bed pillows
- Metal hangers
- Fax and copy machines, computers, printers, and scanners
- Used Blinds
- Encyclopedias, Reader’s Digest condensed books, and textbooks
- Hospital beds
- Water beds furniture
- Hazardous materials and chemicals (such as paint, lamp oil, and pesticides)
- Food products
- Hide-a-bed Couches
- Tire Chains