With three locations to serve Lake County, Hospice Services of Lake County’s Thrift Stores offer a top-quality shopping experience and provides shoppers with a wide range of merchandise including gently used clothing, appliances, housewares, furniture, collectibles, and more.
The proceeds from the Thrift Stores are used to provide resources to the Community Bereavement Programs and to hospice patients with special needs.
All of our stores are open for shopping Tuesday through Saturday from
9:30 a.m. to 5:00 p.m.
Clearlake Thrift Store
14290 Lakeshore Drive, Clearlake
Lakeport Thrift Store
1717 S. Main Street, Lakeport
Middletown Thrift Store
21297 Calistoga Road, Middletown
Donations are accepted at each location Tuesday through Saturday from
10:00 a.m. to 3:00 p.m. We also have a pick-up service available for large donations – call (707) 263-6223 for more information!
Hospice Services of Lake County relies on the generous contributions of donors to provide its Thrift Stores with merchandise that makes it a local shopping destination. To provide this high level shopping experience, donated merchandise needs to be resalable and in good, working condition. Below is a guide to help determine if your donation is the right fit for Hospice Services of Lake County’s Thrift Stores.
Hospice Services of Lake County is a 501(c)3 non-profit organization, so all donations are tax deductible to the extent allowed by law. Donation receipts are available.
Thank you so much for your generous donations!
- Gently used, clean clothing
- Jewelry and accessories (such as purses, belts, ties, scarves, hats, and gloves)
- Shoes and boots
- Vintage clothing and accessories
- Children’s clothing, toys, and books
- Furniture (free of rips and stains)(no hide-a-beds)
- Antiques and collectibles
- Stationery and books
- Current magazines (less than one year old with the exception of magazines older than 30 years)
- Household decorative items such as art, mirrors, lamps, and rugs
- Filing cabinets
- Musical instruments and sheet music
- Seasonal decorations
- Bicycles, tricycles, and scooters
- CDs, records, cassette tapes, videos, and DVDs
- Stereo equipment, DVD and VHS players
- Modern televisions (flat screen only, no projection televisions)
- Linens, curtains, electric blankets, and decorative pillows
- Curtain rods (no traversing rods)
- Fabric and crafts
- Strollers, high chairs, playpens, Pak-n-Plays, bassinettes, boostser seats
- Bed frames
- Exercise equipment
- Sporting equipment
- Portable fans and heaters
- Appliances – both small and large (in good, working condition, under 10 years old)
- Cameras and equipment
- Garden equipment
- Camping equipment
- Anything else in good condition that can be sold at the Thrift Stores!
Not currently accepting:
- Car seats and cribs
- Older televisions and console stereos
- Metal desks or desks longer than 5 feet
- Items with failing particle board
- Mattresses, box springs, and bed pillows
- Metal hangers
- Fax and copy machines, computers, printers, and scanners
- Used Blinds
- Encyclopedias, Reader’s Digest condensed books, and textbooks
- Hospital beds
- Water beds furniture
- Hazardous materials and chemicals (such as paint, lamp oil, and pesticides)
- Food products
- Hide-a-bed Couches
- Tire Chains